When selecting physicians, it’s wise to invest some time and energy in learning more about their skills and training, as well as the quality of care they provide. Consider several sources of information, including whether the physician is board certified and meeting the requirements of the ABMS Program for Maintenance of Certification (ABMS MOC®).
Visit CertificationMatters.org to find out for free the board certification status of physicians, including whether they are meeting the requirements of an ABMS Member Board MOC program, and access:
- Descriptions of the medical specialties and subspecialties in which the ABMS Member Boards offer certification;
- Tips and suggestions on finding a qualified physician and getting the most out of office visits;
- Physician perspectives on board certification and the ABMS Program for MOC;
- Research supporting the benefits of board certification; and
- Links to the 24 ABMS Member Boards and other credible health care sites.
IS YOUR DOCTOR BOARD CERTIFIED
Written verification of board certification also is available by contacting the Member Board in the physician’s specialty.