The Data Analyst supports the needs of ABMS in aggregating, cleaning, and evaluating data from sources internal and external to ABMS. The Data Analyst works collaboratively with ABMS staff, project stakeholders (including membership from several committees) and others as appropriate to find key data conclusions and trends. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, this role will collaborate with cross-functional teams internal and external to ABMS to advance the goals and objectives.
- Aggregate, clean, and analyze data from multiple internal data sources that include the Certlink™ Platform, diplomate data and member board data.
- Help develop an ABMS diplomate database for research and business purposes.
- Merge data from external sources of physician data (e.g., CMS data) based on emergent analytic and scholarly opportunities. Analyze data for patterns and trends based on the question being posed
- Document results, communicate findings, and provide reports to key stakeholders
- Acquire a working knowledge of existing technical processes and apply this knowledge to assigned tasks and projects
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Attributes:
- High integrity with a commitment to quality
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or with teams
- Organized, self-motivated, results oriented, and detail-oriented
- Effectively communicates with individuals with and without a technical background at multiple levels
- Ability to analyze detailed data; statistical background and experience required
- Familiarity with data management including interpreting, comprehending, and summarizing statistical data
- Ability to anticipate action and effectively exercise independent judgement
Education, Training and Experience:
- Master’s degree preferred
- 3–5 years’ relevant experience
- Knowledge of descriptive statistics required; knowledge of exploratory data analysis, general linear models (analysis of variance, multiple regression), and psychometrics (test and item statistics, classical test theory, generalizability theory, item response theory) desirable
- Knowledge of statistical packages such as SPSS, SAS, R or equivalent
- Knowledge of SQL desirable
- Solid proficiency with MS Office Products
- Demonstrated business analysis skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, genetic information, or disability.
How to Apply
You may send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject of your email.
You may also submit your resume and cover letter by postal mail to:
American Board of Medical Specialties
Attn: Human Resources
353 North Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60654